If you’ve been in store recently you’ll have spotted the beautifully painted pottery pieces designed by Abi Duncombe. We met Abi a couple of months ago and couldn’t wait to see these beautiful ceramic gifts on our shelves! From plates to egg cup holders all of Abi’s designs are personalised, painted and glazed by Abi in Cheltenham. I wanted to find out more about her business and her inspiration behind Painted for You Pottery.
- Who are the faces behind the brand?
My name is Abi and I am the artist/designer of the pottery gifts created at Painted For You Pottery. I spend most of my time tucked away in my art studio, illustrating, sketching and hand painting each piece. I am lucky enough to be working with one of my closest friends, experienced potter and shop owner, Rachel. Together we manage the orders and get creative!
- How did Painted for You Pottery start/begin life?
It all stemmed from an evening of chatter, pizza, vino and brain storming. Rachel and I discussed how we wanted to create bespoke, hand painted ceramic gifts, with a personal touch!
- This product range is brand new to Inside Out and customers are loving the quirky designs and personalisation element. Where do you get your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from my love of children's story books and cartoons! After completing a degree in children's book design and illustration, this was the perfect opportunity to utilise some of my skills. I simply combined my creativity with Rachel's experience and bob's your uncle…Painted For You Pottery was born!
- What is your favourite Pottery product/design at the moment?
My favourite pottery design at the moment has to be the children's hot chocolate mugs. The dinosaur and fairy designs have to be my faves!
- What has your biggest achievement(s) so far?
I would say our biggest achievement has to be getting our ceramic gifts into shops like Inside Out! We started off selling online and the business has just continued to grow. We are so pleased with the progress and can't thank our customers enough.
- What makes you happy? What do you enjoy doing when not painting pottery?
That’s an easy one, when I'm not focusing on painting I love taking my little dogs for a walk. I have a Chihuahua and a Dachshund and they keep me very entertained.
- What is your favourite quote?
"You can't use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have" - Maya Angelou
- What does a typical day at Painted for You Pottery look like?
A typical day working for Painted For You Pottery consists of great music, great coffee, a nice big sketch book and my favourite set of brushes.
- Are there any exciting new projects on the horizon for Painted for You Pottery?
I am currently working on some lovely new design ideas, one in particular is a children's tooth fairy box. Watch this space!
To see all Abi's latest designs by following her on Instagram
Next time you are in store - make sure you have a look at these beautiful ceramic gifts.
Until next time,