Since I first discovered these candles at Harrogate Home and Gift Trade show, they’ve become my favourite home fragrance choice of the moment. The gorgeous, contemporary yet classic glass jar looks lovely on my mantelpiece and I love how the wooden lid becomes a heat-proof matt for the candle to sit on.
However, what I love the most about these candles is has to be its trademark solid wood wick (hence the name) which crackles as it burns, like a roaring fire and fills the room with the most gorgeous aroma. The biggest issue I have with the WookWick candle is deciding which fragrance to burn next!
Like all candles, WoodWick candles need to be burnt with care and I thought I would include some advice how to get the most out of these gorgeous candles:
- If your WoodWick candle is burning properly the wax should burn straight down the side of the glass jar and shouldn’t produce a lot of wasted wax. Do this by burning your WoodWick candle for 3-4 hours at a time, this will ensure the melted wax pool reached the sides of the glass jar, which increases your candles’ burn time.
- If you don’t burn your WoodWick candle for the recommend time, the wax will start to pool in the centre of the candle and won’t burn evenly and the wick might ‘drown’, making it difficult for the candle to light and burn effectively.
- To prevent the candle smoking, keep the wicks trimmed to about ½ cm and avoid putting it in drafty areas in your home.
- Stop using your WoodWick Candle when the wax has burned down to about 2cm from the bottom of the glass
- Don’t burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time
- Keep the pool of wax within your candle jar/ burner free from any wick trimmings, matches or any combustible material as this may also cause smoking.
- Always ensure your candle is placed on a heat proof surface and away from curtains, or other flammable objects.
- Ensure your candle is sitting on a flat surface so that the wax melts evenly.
- Always leave 10cm between burning candles.
In general, the 22oz Large Glass jar will burn up to 175 hours and 10oz Medium glass jar will burn up to 100 hours and the new 16oz Hearthwick will burn between 80-100 hours, if you use them properly.
If you need any advice or fragrance recommendation please do get in touch and feel free to have a browse on the website for the latest WoodWick products available online, or pop in store and smell the fragrant for yourself.
Until next time,